NEW! URGENT UPDATED NOTICE – 27June2020
AN UPDATE REGARDING MASSES AT ST. MICHAEL’S
St. Michael’s will begin the celebration of Sunday Masses in Church the weekend of July 4/5 with our regular schedule of Masses: 4:30 pm Sat. Vigil, and on Sunday, Masses at 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:30 am (Polish) and 5:30 pm. The 4:30 pm vigil Mass will continue to be live-streamed.
Fr. Rafal recently received a letter from the Archbishop regarding the celebration of public Sunday Masses, which states in part:
Masses indoors can accommodate 25% capacity or 100 persons, whichever is less, socially distanced. This is the number set by the State of Connecticut as of June 19. All requirements that the Archdiocese has established for parishes to open safely must continue to be carefully observed, including the elimination of singing. There will be no missalettes, hymnals, or bulletins. (an abbreviated bulletin can be found on-line).
“There can be no more than a total of 100 socially distanced (6 feet apart) persons. You must wear a face mask and must observe all the required precautions, that is; practice social distancing upon entering and exiting the church by staying at least 6 feet from people who do not live in your household.
Use the hand-sanitizer dispenser provided. Sit only in the designated pews. Do not shake hands with others. Do not congregate or socialize before or after Mass.”
Please follow all precautions to stay safe.
Parishioners are reminded that they are still dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass and that the elderly, the sick, and those who care for anyone who is vulnerable are encouraged not to attend at this time.
Requirements for Returning to Mass
For everyone’s protection:
- Masks at all times, except after receiving communion
- All to sanitize upon entering the Church
- Social distance upon entering and exiting (and in parking lot)
- While receiving Communion, maintain social distance, receive, step to side, remove mask, consume, replace mask, return to pew
- IF YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS SICK, PLEASE STAY HOME
- Sanitize at Sacristy door
- No Procession/Recession (except from Sacristy to altar and return)
- Not supposed to sing
- Hosts should be on side of altar, not directly in front of the Priest
- Remind of no obligation to receive Communion
- Drop Communion into hands – they get in hands, step to side, remove mask, consume host, replace mask, return to pew
- If touch parishioner’s hand, stop and sanitize
- Communion on tongue excluded, BUT If parishioner INSISTS, at end of Communion, sanitize if touch mouth
- After Communion, sanitize vessels and hands
- Tape where to stand while waiting
- Appropriate distance away to maintain confidentiality
- Can let Penitent know no obligation to do penance in church
- 6 feet of separation
- ALL MASSES
- Sanitize at door
- Put on gloves to give out sanitizer to all who enter
- GREET THOSE ENTERING
- Only those with masks allowed (show the notice from the Archdiocese)
- Ask how they’re feeling (confirm not ill without asking if they’re sick)
- Keep Count of All who enter – if more than 100, not allowed to enter
- Complete Mass Attendance Log
- At end of Mass:
- Spray all pews used (those not blocked off) with alcohol
- If parishioner has touched some other item (candles, etc), spray with alcohol
- Spray Restrooms with bleach, making sure to spray all handles
- Spray metal on doors to church with alcohol
- ALL MUST WEAR MASKS
- Sanitize hands
- Maintain confidentiality and social distance so remind those seeking Confession to sit in non-blocked pews or stand in line, 6 feet apart
- Remind those seeking confession that if they are ill or have a fever, should not participate
- Clean chairs, kneelers, any pews used for waiting at end
Announcement at end of each Mass
Anyone who would be available to help greet those attending this, or any other weekday Mass, or who would be available to help with the clean-up at the end of Mass, please socially distance yourself at the back of the Church after Mass and give us your name and day or days you could help.
We need volunteers to make sure we comply with all the rules or we will not be allowed to have public Mass.
CELEBRATION OF THE MASS – Live Stream Schedule
Please join us, virtually, as we Celebrate Mass at:
Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 4:30PM – Live Streamed
Note that all Live Streamed Masses are available afterwards so you can view them at your convenience)
Also, we are recording the Mass in tandem with the Live Stream so that if anything goes wrong with the
Live Stream we can switch out the Live Stream version with the recorded version. That will be done as
soon as humanly possible.
The Masses will be live streamed on Facebook. Please stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates.
God bless you all! We continue to pray for all of you.
Stay tuned for more information on upcoming Live Stream events on Facebook.
Go to the Facebook page now using the link above and “Like” the page to receive notices of these events.
Parish Mass Times
Mass Saturday: 4:30 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM
(Polish) and 5:30 PM
Monday: Novena with Mass at 7:00 PM
Tuesday: Morning Mass at 7:00 AM in
Wednesday: Novena with Mass at 7:00
PM in Polish
Thursday: Morning Mass at 7:00 AM in
Friday: Morning Mass at 7:00 AM in
Saturday: Morning Mass at 8:00 AM in
First Friday: 7:00 AM Mass in English followed by the Litany to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
7:00 PM Mass with Novena to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Every Monday (Rosary at 6:45 PM) in English.
7:00 PM Mass with Novena to our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Every Wednesday (Rosary at 6:45 PM) in Polish.
Divine Mercy Devotions: Every third Sunday at 3:00 PM – Be sure to check the bulletin for more information.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Confession is heard before Weekday Mass and on Saturdays at 3:30 PM